Mysore Sandalwood Soap 2.62oz (Case of 18)

Mysore Sandalwood Soap 2.62ozI have always enjoyed the sandalwood fragrance. This soap is to sandalwood as Lindt 85% to chocolate! The scent is so strong as to be overpowering to all but those who love it!

The soap itself has a relatively rapid melt velocity, and in the shower, this means that a short rub on the washcloth is more than sufficient. Also, the soap should not be left in a wet or shower exposed tray. Mine is above the shower in a vertical holder in order to minimize waste.

I've used this product for years, but have paid twice the price when buying individual bars at the Hari Krishna India store at their restaurant. Ordering a 12 bar supply was quite economical. The added benefit is that the aromatic quality of the Mysore Sandal Soap is so powerful, that even wrapped in Ziplock, my room continues to emit a strong sandalwood fragrance. Again fair warning to those who do not relish the scent! It's as though I am burning Lakshmi incense 24/7.

By the way using Indian soap does not make you a Hindu or Krishna devotee, any more than buying wine from a monestary makes you a Catholic monk.

First thing this soap smells great! Right when I opened the outer box, boom! The smell hit me! Then the inner box, BOOM! Even better! Rushed home to shower and BOOM! BOOM! a double whammy of great smell and great feeling skin!

Buy Mysore Sandalwood Soap 2.62oz (Case of 18) Now

There is an Indian grocery store in a town near St Petersburg. Great stuff, food, clothing, videos, music etc. I picked up a bar of this soap one time, and thought it was the best sandalwood fragrance I've ever smelled. They were out of stock for 2 months, so I went on line to their website in India, and it led me to Amazon. Bought a case. I give it out as gifts as well as personal use. Makes you want to clasp your hands to your face and enjoy. Absolutely great soap.

Read Best Reviews of Mysore Sandalwood Soap 2.62oz (Case of 18) Here

The picture shown is for the "Enriched" Mysore soap and what you receive is the "Premium" soap. The "Premium" version has a strong lye smell. I have used the Mysore soaps for years and am almost out. I was delighted to find it on Amazon, but was seriously disappointed when I received it. The odor is strong and disagreeable, not at all like the soap I have loved. I have written back to Amazon asking they pay the shipping back since I shopped carefully and they did not send what I ordered. I would love to get the "Enriched" version if I can find it as it is fantastic.

Want Mysore Sandalwood Soap 2.62oz (Case of 18) Discount?

To those of you already familiar with this soap, it needs no introduction. But to those who, like me, have read about it and are wondering if it is indeed as special as the glowing reviews indicate, let me say that this is a special product.

I recently bought sandalwood prayer beads and I loved their smell, so when I heard about Mysore Sandal Soap, I expected it to be exactly like that. And when I first opened the package, I was disappointed. It seemed like a more pungent version of Dial Gold. When I soaped up in the shower, I was dismayed. The first scent that greets you is a strong smell of Dial Gold, and then it evolves into a sticky-sweet incense smell, which is definitely not what I expected or WANTED from this soap.

But the drydown changes it completely. After drying off, when the scent adapts to the skin, it becomes a wonderfully exotic, sweet, musky smell that evokes the Far East. Then, after a few minutes, it mellows even further and the change finally reminded me of why I bought it in the first place. It took me completely by surprise, and from that moment I fell in love with this soap.

Truly classic, clean, exotic. Highly recommended.

0 comments:

Post a Comment