Lifebuoy Soap, 3 x 2.8oz bars. UK formula

Lifebuoy Soap, 3 x 2.8oz bars. UK formula100% authentic Lifebuoy soap made in Cyprus by Unilever. I never got a chance to use the original US made product, but Mom always swore by this stuff, using it as a bath soap and as a shampoo. It's a bit on the expensive side, but not too bad in comparison to other premium soaps.

Here are the specification from the exterior box: The weight of the soap bar "85 g (3 oz)", making it smaller than regular bars of soap available in the US, but it's easy to handle in the shower or next to the sink.

The ingredients are: "Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Aqua, Glycerin. Parfum, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Limonene, Linalool, Cl 11680, Cl 45100". The last two are colors FWIW.

We are happy to have re-discovered this soap, some may think the smell is strong and too medicinal, we think its refreshing. Frankly, the antibacterial properties are the primary feature of this soap and that's why we wanted it, and we love it.

As a little girl lifebuoy soap was the soap we used. My husband and I got to talking about products we missed so I looked on my favorite web page, "Amazon.com",

and I found it. I ordered the lifebuoy UK formula and my husband said its ok but its not as he remembered it...I liked it...

Buy Lifebuoy Soap, 3 x 2.8oz bars. UK formula Now

Did tons of research on Lifebouy (LifeBoy). Web sites are confusing as all get out! Uk formula, India formula, some say really strong medicinal smell, others say reminds em of childhood! This formula doesn't work well for wife and me. Too medicinal, too strong not at all what we remembered. Maybe it's just us and our smellers are getting tired (really don't think so), maybe we're thinking of another olden days soap, whatever! We'd return it but it's not worth the hassell. Would not buy this formula again. We may keep lookin for one that hits our hot button.

Bill N Joanie

Read Best Reviews of Lifebuoy Soap, 3 x 2.8oz bars. UK formula Here

There is not a lot to say about soap. I happen to like this one. I like how it smells and how it feels on my skin. While it does not smell precisely as I remember Lifebuoy smelling... that was a long, long time ago and it is certainly close. :-) My great great grandmother swore by it and used only it. That would be in the 1950s in my memory. She was also using it long before that.

I am not competent to address serious skin conditions and the like but it does help with minor rashes and such. I admit I did not expect it to ring bells or do anything but be a good clean smelling soap; a role it fulfills perfectly. I will be buying more. All I can say is each person is going to have to try things for themselves. Sometimes it will be great and sometimes it will turn out not to be for you. Nothing ventured and all that.

Want Lifebuoy Soap, 3 x 2.8oz bars. UK formula Discount?

I discovered this interesting red soap in a pharmacy in Gibraltar. It was in a cardboard box, with no cellophane wrap. It was also made in Cyprus, so I'm almost certain this is the old Lifebuoy familiar to some in the states. I'd never smelled anything quite like it, but I bought a few bars to take home as souvenirs. It works as well as any other soap, and I didn't notice anything special about it other than the scent. I am not sure how to describe the odor, other there might be a hint of pine tar. It isn't for everybody, but for those who enjoy a change from the normal American soaps, give Lifebuoy a try. If you can't stand the scent, it really works well, and for a very long time, as a freshener for closets or drawers.

Follow up 9/17/2012.

I placed an order for this soap from this seller. I received it faster than expected, and I appreciate the excellent service. Unfortunately, it is NOT the soap I remember and love. The box is cleverly copied, but the scent isn't even remotely similar. I agree with other reviewers about the confusion over this soap. I won't even use this, and it isn't worth the bother to return.

0 comments:

Post a Comment