Lightfoot Pine Shave Cream Soap 2.8 oz bar

Lightfoot Pine Shave Cream Soap 2.8 oz barI have to wonder if the reviewers who all gave this soap 5 stars have ever used a proper shaving soap before. I wanted to like this, I truly did. It smells great, it's priced right and it seems triple-milled so it should last. But it just doesn't do what a shave soap should do. And in order to make it properly functional, you need to mix it with another product (Kiss My Face Unscented is a good option).

A shaving soap doesn't have to be $30 and come in a fancy bowl with Royal Warrants all over it. It basically has to do two things: provide a stable lather that acts as a cushion between the razor blade and your skin, and provide slickness so the blade is able to glide over your skin. Lightfoot's achieves the latter but fails quite badly in the former. It foams when worked with a brush, but the lather is never dense or stable. It begins to disappear within a minute. I tried lathering it with a boar brush, a badger brush, and a synthetic fiber brush. I used varying methods of adding more or less water. The results were the same no matter what thin, overly-bubbly lather that was not stable. It fails in comparison even to other cheap shaving soaps.

On the upside, though, it is very slick, and when combined with an unscented cream or soap that lathers properly, will give you a good shave with a subtle pine fragrance. It just leaves you wishing that they had stuck with the original 1890 formulation, which was, without a doubt, a superior product. I can't imagine any British gentleman returning from a fox hunt and looking forward to s shave with the current product.

This is the best shave soap I have found.

I tried many of them too. Glycerine types are OK but I still like this better. I even tried some craft (home) made shaving soaps but they didnt stack up to this.

I run this soap out of a ship's mug (USS Nassau) with a British made Badger bristle brush and feel that I get an absolutely great shave every morning.

Any pine aspects are very mild just great shave soap.

Buy Lightfoot Pine Shave Cream Soap 2.8 oz bar Now

I've used many different shaving soaps from the most expensive to the cheapest and by far this is the best.

Good lather that lasts and creates a slick surface that gives me an incredible shave. It smells good too.

Good price, fast shipping, great product. I feel like I really got my moneys worth this time. I will definitely buy this product again.

Read Best Reviews of Lightfoot Pine Shave Cream Soap 2.8 oz bar Here

Lightfoot's shave soap is a small, mug-able cake scented like their popular athletic soap. It's long-lasting and makes a sturdy, slick lather (soap up your wetted brush, then work up lather in your cupped hand). The scent is reminiscent of pine without being overpowering or obvious a clean, classic, soapy scent for your morning shave, subtley lingering into the day. Excellent.

Want Lightfoot Pine Shave Cream Soap 2.8 oz bar Discount?

The soap had a much stronger scent than expected.... almost like sticking a pine tree air freshener up your nose. The soap gives a nice, but thin layer of lubrication for the razor. The smell is less offending post shave, and the soap washes away easy leaving your skin with no oily residue feeling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment