Pears Transparent Original Soap - 4.4 Oz, 12 Pack

Pears Transparent Original Soap - 4.4 Oz, 12 PackPears soap's formula has changed as of 2009. It is no longer the wonderful, natural product we all knew and loved.

Original ingredients: Sodium Palmitate, Natural Rosin, Glycerine, Water, Sodium Cocoate, Rosemary Extract, Thyme Extract, Pears Fragrance Essence.

New ingredients: Sorbitol, Aqua, Sodium Palmate/stearate, Sodium Palmkernelate, Sodium Rosinate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, PEG-4, Alcohol, Glycerin, Perfume, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Meta Bisulfite, Etidronic acid, Tetra Sodium EDTA, BHT, Cl 12490, Cl 47005, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Cinnamal, Eugenol, Limonene, Linalool.

I ordered Pears soap because it is one of only two soaps I can use -period! That was the old formulation, of course. There was absolutely nothing in the description telling me the formula had changed and Pears now contains a plethora of chemicals as well as perfume. Which I cannot tolerate at all, being severely asthmatic. I noticed the cellophane wrapper when I opened it but didn't think anything about it. Then I used it in my morning shower. The smell is enough to bring me to my knees, gasping for breath. It is seriously pesticide smelling and horrible. I am returning my order to Amazon today.

If anyone finds a source for the great OLD Pears soap, please post it on here! For those of us with severe allergies, this is a catastrophe!

Buy Pears Transparent Original Soap - 4.4 Oz, 12 Pack Now

Slightly less than a year ago (late September 2009) I was getting low on Pears, but couldn't find it at my local Denver, Colorado, USA, area stores, so I bought a 12-bar carton from Amazon. Now I only have 4 bars left, and so today I bought some bars at a local Dollar Tree store. I did notice the packaging changes, but I didn't realize the extent of the disaster until I got home, compared a new box with an old, and saw the strange new ingredient list. That motivated me to open a new box, which revealed the new plastic/cellophane wrapping. I opened it and was greeted by the horrible new odor! It's quite a nasty-smelling formulation, reminiscent of some kind of insecticide or industrial cleaning product. I bet Unilever uses the wrapper to disguise the disgusting smell. I immediately returned the bars. Unfortunately, this probably means that Amazon also no longer has the old formula, unless a savvy and honest seller specifically says that they have the original product. Such a shame for a great 220-year-old brand, which Unilever has totally ruined. Needless to say, I won't be buying the horrific "New Pears" formula.

Read Best Reviews of Pears Transparent Original Soap - 4.4 Oz, 12 Pack Here

I've enjoyed this soap for over 20 years and can't believe the awful changes that unilever has made to it. The wonderful fragrance is gone, replaced by an antiseptic smell. The bar doesn't last nearly as long. And they've added a bunch of unnecessary ingredients. Don't waste your money on the reformulated Pears. Frankly, it doesn't even deserve the name.

Want Pears Transparent Original Soap - 4.4 Oz, 12 Pack Discount?

The description of this Pears soap is deliberatley misleading, as it uses the word "original" which makes you believe it is the original 9 component formula of Pears soap. It is not....and you can buy this In dollar stores for a lot less. I was disppointed when i received the order after having checked other AmericaRx products elsewhere on Amazon which show the original formula as part of their description. That led me to belive I was buying the same product, which it is not. Do not waste time and money on buying this, which is the new formula with added chemical ingredients.The real original formula box has 2 soap bars on it and states it is Hypo-allergenic and non-comedogenic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment