Y.U.M. Bar Dog Soap

Y.U.M. Bar Dog SoapThis bar is much better than liquid shampoo I used to bathe my boy shihtzu with. The scent is light which dries down to a trace of popcorn-like smell which is adorable. On top of everything, it makes his hair well moisturized and smooth, very easy to comb. Will buy again.

As we all know, washing our favorite canine friend can be a challenge at times as they don't always cooperate. For years I have been using products that I could find at my local pet shop and they have all been liquid shampoo allegedly formulated for a "dog's sensitive skin". The problem is that it takes a lot of shampoo and associated effort to get all the parts properly cleansed. On the one hand, my dog, a mini schnauzer, keeps moving so the shampoo I have just squeezed out onto my palm and am desperately trying to distribute to his chest or rear leg is dripping and even when I get it where it needs to be it never seems to be enough. I find myself using a lot of liquid shampoo to do the job and the constant need to pick up the bottle or pump more onto my hand gives my pooch an opportunity to try to get away from me further complicating the task. In the end, I use a lot of shampoo to get this relative small, long haired dog clean. Another issue for me is the smell of dog shampoo as most of them are overly scented and artificial smelling.

I had often wished that I could find a bar of soap specially formulated for a canine that is not overly scented and leaves their coat nice and shiny. Well, this soap does it and does it well. When using a bar of soap there is no need to keep going back to the bottle to get more as you have all you need right in your hand. Washing the dog with this product takes a lot less time and it rinses out completely with ease. I can get my dog washed in just a few minutes and as I always have one hand on the dog, he is easier to control and more cooperative.

I first wet him down completely avoiding his head but getting every part of his body nice and wet. Then I take the bar of soap in my hand and get every part nicely lathered up which is easier with the source of soap firmly in your hand. I then rinse his entire body and then wet his head as that is the part he really doesn't like. I then soap up his beard/muzzle, neck and head avoiding his eyes and quickly rinse him off with a hand held sprayer protecting his nose from direct contact with the water. After one final rinse of his body he is wrapped in a large towel and happily rubs his face and body into it drying himself off. The smell of the soap is wonderful and mild with a hint of cinnamon and sage and it leaves his fur nice and shiny. Fortunately, it does not irritate his skin or cause flaking or itching so all in all, we are both happy with the product.

So why only four stars? It is a rather small bar (only 3 oz) for the price and doesn't last too long, so you should buy a few at a time. Once you have tried it you will never go back to liquid shampoo again.

Buy Y.U.M. Bar Dog Soap Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment