Caswell-Massey Sandalwood Woodgrain Soap

Caswell-Massey Sandalwood Woodgrain SoapI am a woman and I love using this soap. It smells great. It smells warm and spicy, not flowery. The soap is harder than many cheaper kinds of soap. I make my own soap which is much better than most commercial soaps, but this soap is even better than my handmade soaps. The only negative thing I can think of about this soap (the woodgrain bar) is that it will permanently stain light-colored or white washcloths. I never liked sandalwood scented products until I bought this soap, but I LOVE this one. The rest of the C-M sandalwood line is also wonderful, especially the lotion and the talc.

This lovely, high quality Sandalwood soap by Caswell-Massey is made of natural, vegetable based products. The soap is triple-milled which means that the soap is very hard and will last a long time. The lather is mild and creamy, leaving the skin lightly scented with this special sandalwood blend.

This is the larger size which is referred to as the bath soap. It is darker and has a wood grain appearance. The bath bars are larger and weigh 5.8 oz. They also carry a smaller size hand soap. It is light tan and comes in the 3.25 oz (92 g) size. I have used the hand soap as bath soap and cannot tell the difference--the scent and soap quality is the same.

Caswell-Massey's line of sandalwood products have been a favorite of mine for many years. The scent is so wonderful I use bars of this soap in my clothing drawers to infuse my clothing. While this blend may use other ingredients to create the blend the primary scent is the characteristic sweet woodsy fragrance of sandalwood.

Sandalwood is the name for a variety of trees (19) in the genus Santalum. True Sandalwood comes from Hawaii, Australia and India. The essential oil is very expensive and the quality varies according to the age of the tree and the species. It is naturally antibacterial which can assist in keeping skin clear of blemishes. The sweet woodsy aroma is calming and is used in ayurvedic medicine to treat anxiety.

Caswell-Massey is America's oldest apothecary established in 1752. They are well known for providing luxury personal care products. George Washington and John Adams figured among their early clientele.

Buy Caswell-Massey Sandalwood Woodgrain Soap Now

Caswell-Massey is my new source for bathroom products from shower and shave to lotion and cologne. The sandalwood soap smells wonderful without being overpowering or girly. These large bars last me close to 4 weeks with daily showering and do not melt away like drug store soap bars do. I find it a better and cheaper alternative.

I alternate with the newport depending on my mood and follow with the shampoo, shave soap, shave oil, body lotion, and cologne for an all over, masculine, yet subdued fragrance that I enjoy without imposing on others. It leaves my bathroom smelling manly after a shower & shave without "perfuming" the bathroom permanently.

I get complements from my kids when they hug me or snuggle up that I, "smell good." I remember how my dad smelled when I was a kid and take pride in passing on those staple childhood memories to my children.

Read Best Reviews of Caswell-Massey Sandalwood Woodgrain Soap Here

I really like these Caswell-Massey products. Unique soap fragrances and quality above all else sets these products apart. Also good to know that they are a small American business with a long and prominent history.

Want Caswell-Massey Sandalwood Woodgrain Soap Discount?

I bought this for my husband for Father's Day. He loves the smell of sandalwood. This soap is wonderful. It lathers well et has stood up to a lot of showers already.

0 comments:

Post a Comment