Aleppo Soap Marius Fabre 7.1 Oz

Aleppo Soap Marius Fabre 7.1 OzI think I may regret ordering this product. For one thing, the wrapper on the soap I received is not the same as what is displayed for the customers to view. My soap does not even tell me what percent of bay laurel is in it, even if the percentage may be shown on the product's page here on Amazon.

I've also found on several websites that there are only four basic ingredients to this soap. Olive oil, bay laurel oil, sodium hydroxide, and water. Give or take a couple other 'natural' ingredients. But my package says that the ingredients are: sodium oleate, sodium linoleate, sodium palmitate, aqua, sodium linolenate, olea europaea oil unsaponifiables, sodium laurate, sodium myristate, sodium arachidate, and sodium hydroxide. I don't know if all of these ingredients are meant to be part of Aleppo soap. I'm pretty certain that sodium palmitate is derived from palm oil, and that kind of oil should not be in this soap in my opinion. I tried looking up some of the other ingredients that are said to be in my soap, but I didn't have much luck.

The main reason I bought this soap was to see if it will help my acne prone skin, especially the acne on my back and chest. Now I am scared that it may end up irritating my skin, which has not been clear in years. I was relieved to see a stamp on the soap, but I can't make out any of the letters on it, which makes me a little suspicious.

I washed my face with it once already. It seems drier than before I had used it, and I don't know if that is normal. The number of ingredients freaks me out.

Maybe I made a bad judgment by purchasing this soap. I'd love it if someone would prove me wrong.

This soap works GREAT for shaving. My husband started to use it on his face and does not break out from it and it gives a nice shave. The only thing is it is not as close of a shave, but still looks great. It is made in France and is in the Sun the 9 months. It also will last a long time, verses shaving cream. This is a great choice for those of you who would like to go more natural and no waste. It's a great soap, and a little vintage!

Buy Aleppo Soap Marius Fabre 7.1 Oz Now

I came by this soap after reading A Tree Grows in Brooklyn of all things and its brief mention of using fats to make soap. Looking up this reference, I learned about the old tradition of using olive oil used in Aleppo soap, marseille soap, and Castile soap. Intrigued, I wanted to try all of these soaps for comparison and decided to start with the Aleppo first since its the oldest and the forebear to the other two, and the only one to also include laurel oil in its ingredients.

I love it. Yes the smell takes a little getting used to. It reminds me of the smell of old paint cans when you take the lid off and the oil has separated to the top. Well the bar is made of old dried olive oil. But after rinsing off, I can't smell any trace of it, and my husband hasn't complained...which I think is the true test. I like that I've had the bar for about a month already and barely looks used. Now, the best part, and where I think this soap is like gold, is how wonderfully it works on hair! I skeptically shampooed with it, and it does leave hair squeaky clean, but I still use my same conditioner. Then I blow dry and style my hair as usual. It's like the best hair day ever! My hair feels clean, but not stripped down. I don't know how to explain it, but its the greatest thing for your hair. I have thin hair and use volumizing shampoo usually. This beats my old shampoo hands down. Now I feel like I'm in one of those hair shampoo commercials with the silky bouncy hair. Love it!

Read Best Reviews of Aleppo Soap Marius Fabre 7.1 Oz Here

This is just soap. It's not especially good or bad it's just soap. Do not believe the reviews that say you can use it on your hair. Yuck!

For washing your body, this is a good product. Price-wise, not worth the money.

Want Aleppo Soap Marius Fabre 7.1 Oz Discount?

This soap has a neutral olive oil scent.

It is a large brick of soap and could be cut into two pieces to make it easier to grab hold of.

It is 12 dollars which may seem like a lot of money, but this soap is so dense that it looks as though it will last a couple years at my bathroom sink! No more buying liquid in plastic bottles every few months. When all is said and done, I will have saved money!

0 comments:

Post a Comment