Cor Silver Soap, 0.34 oz

Cor Silver Soap, 0.34 ozOkay, I too am a 30 something female, that has battled acne since the age of 10. I've tried it all prescription and non prescription topical creams, antibiotics, birth control pills, homemade remedies baking soda honey crushed aspirin to exfoliate (which does a good job at exfoliating). But none of them ever worked beyond a month or two. I would get to the point to where I tried anything. I said all that to say, this soap is truly amazing. I get whiteheads, blackheads AND cystic acne -which as acne sufferers know can be painful and a pain in the you know what. Anyway, I tried the travel size bar, and I saw results in about 3days w/existing acne minimizing. The pores on my nose have become less noticeable, and it doesn't dry my skin out I have very oily skin. I ordered 2 travel size bars just to give it a go for a month and like the other reviewer said with the exception of that time of the month my face is pretty much clear. None of the typical acne flareups I would get. It even seems as though the dark marks I've had from picking at the pimples on my face have gotten lighter as well. One travel bar lasted me about 15 days. It is a little pricey but for something that has helped me with my more than 2 decade old acne problem I think it's well worth it. I wish I had taken photos of my face before my first use so, that I could have a comparison photo. All in all I think this is a very good product and for anyone that has been a true longtime sufferer of acne like I have give it a shot it just may work for you too.

I am in my middle 30's and have had bad hormonal acne, again, for the last year. I had been seeing the dermatologist monthly for facials, peels and microderm with fair results. I just couldn't seem to get rid of the ance, it was better, but not gone. So I am ordering my other skincare stuff and see the COR Silver Soap. I ordered the trial size, I had nothing to lose. That was a month ago, I have clear skin! Of course around that time of the month I am having a little flare up, but I am back to normal. I am not sure how or why, but it works. I recommend giving it a try.

Buy Cor Silver Soap, 0.34 oz Now

I started using COR in 2008 in desperation for a solution to hormonal acne and tone unevenness that has plagued me all my adult life. I've used Principal Secret, Acne-Statin, Proactive and a host of other, less common solutions. The products are all great at first, but after the better part of a year it would seem as though my skin had somehow "adjusted" to the product and those hormonal breakouts would haunt me once more. If you've ever had these, you know that they tend to be deep, large and very painful.

I found out about COR and its "silver service for the face" through a high-end spa catalog. I didn't know before then that silver has natural disinfecting properties. I was also informed that it would even out my skin tone and leave my face perfectly moisturized.

I was sold.

The full bar is 120g and quite expensive. The catalog says it will last 9 months with careful use. I made my last full-sized bar last 15 months with daily, morning use.

It stung slightly at first, and I've never felt comfortable not using a moisturizer. I love ROC, which I lightly apply after washing. They have a number of options to choose from depending on your skin type.

I no longer have any kind of large breakouts, although when I've gone off my program much smaller pimples might arise once in a while. My skin is smoother, more even in tone and my pores are delightfully small now. I look considerably younger.

I highly recommend you try this. Go for a travel size to start or for when your budget is tight.

Read Best Reviews of Cor Silver Soap, 0.34 oz Here

Approached by the Cor Silver Soap company purporting to use actual silver particles in their facial soap I could not help but be intrigued. Silver, the precious metal, as a facial cleanser? Would one be able to SEE the silver in the soap? Would silver be a good additive, or just an excuse to charge untoward amounts of cash for such a novel product?

As in all reviews I do, the proof lies in the testing. Cor helpfully sent me two small round slices of Cor Silver Soap to test. The small samples are considered a week or month's worth (depending on how thickly one lathers their face) of cleansing. I gave one to my mother to get a larger test sample than just myself.

The Cor Testers:

At 41, my skin is olive-toned, prone to getting dark freckles and evidence of hyperpigmented sun damage, but few wrinkles. I have normal skin with a tendency to get spot breakouts when I use products containing irritants on my face.

My mother is 62, has light crows feet, slight nose to mouth lines, and very few wrinkles overall. She has lighter colored skin with blue-pink undertones, and also gets dark freckles in the sun. Her skin type is normal to dry.

We each used the soap twice daily for a week.

The Cor Test:

We both found the Cor Silver Soap very pleasant to use. It has a light, barely there clean scent, goes on silky and washes off cleanly. This is a low-lather product, which I prefer in a face cleanser.

Cor Silver soap removes the dirt from the day and most of the makeup, and doesn't leave us with that dry, tight skin feeling which we've come to realize means the skin is stripped. In other words, we felt comfortable, soft and clean. We both followed up use with our normal moisturizers. We did not experience irritation or breakouts. Wrinkles, though sadly remained right were we'd left them.

Negatives for this product center mainly squarely on price point. As one would expect. A full bar of Cor Silver Soap at 125 grams will set you back $125. Our tiny "cucumber slice" samples cost $14 each in retail. At either size, we consider that pretty darned expensive for, what is, in essence, a pH balanced soap for sensitive skin. Many lovely drugstore facial cleansers for perform the same task at a fraction of the price.

The Reality for Cor Silver Soap:

This is clearly an elegant formulation, presumably due to the silica, collagen and silk protein ingredients. The pomegranate extracts and avocado oil are also helpful ingredients with antioxidant and soothing benefits respectively.

Silver, the most salubrious ingredient on the menu, is an unusual choice for face cleanser on several levels ~

Silver has been studied and proven as an antibacterial agent, as with most metals. But is there enough silver in the solution to approach antimicrobial levels? I can see right through the soap sliver and while it does have a mild metallic sheen, I cannot say just how much silver is needed to fight bacteria in a product applied to surface skin.

In another vein, a cleanser is made to wash on and wash off. This isn't a moisturizer or serum whereby strong active ingredients are applied facially and left to soak in. Thus, having silver and collagen in a largely glycerin soap product seems a bit precious: how will something you wash right away (or even away after a few spare minutes, as they suggest for deep cleansing) encourage healing and cell growth?

Cor's touted answer is that the active ingredients penetrate deeply into the dermis layer of skin. I would like to see studies proving that from my research we aren't there just yet, and don't know exactly what the effects of such nano-technology are for the body in the long term.

The ingredient Chitosen I have no issue with, as that helps provide a fibrous mechanical type of mild exfoliation, leaving skin smoother overall. Mixed with the silica and silk proteins, Cor really does offer a lovely formulation to cleanse, exfoliate and add moisture-binding ingredients in one pleasant step.

The Recommendation for Cor Silver Soap:

This a nice product for facial cleansing: with mild exoliation in a a non-drying forumla. It is easily rinsed, and matched with a very slight scent of lemon verbena and fresh melon.

If this is what you seek in a cleanser, I'd suggest purchasing the sample size at $14 and seeing if you can't live without it. An expensive price tag doesn't always translate to a miracle product, so I'd take the claims of reviving, plumping, luminizing, brightening, toning, balancing and healing with a grain of salt. Or in this case, with a grain of soap!

Validity of claims aside, the cleanser IS simply lovely to use and left both mine and my mother's faces fresh, clean, soft and fully prepped for moisturizer. If you don't mind the price tag, this may be the right facial cleanser for you, and you will certainly feel luxurious indulging in it.

Want Cor Silver Soap, 0.34 oz Discount?

I have naturally fickle skin, with breakouts. I decided to give this a try because it claimed to aid in healing and stopping breakouts, but it also claims to not leave your skin feeling dry. I purchased two .35 oz soaps to try out. For the first couple of days I used this morning and night with no trouble. It left my pores visibly smaller after use. Also, my face my more luminous. However, it did leave my skin dry and I had to use a moisturizer quickly afterwords or else my skin would have started to peel from the dryness! I had not had this issue before...after about four days of using this the pain began. A few seconds after applying the lather onto my face and neck it would burn. By burn, I mean it felt like I had just rubbed acid onto my skin. Yes, it was that bad...I thought that maybe this was just because the soap with making blood rush into my skin so I kept using it for about a week afterwords. Big mistake. My skin was left red, damaged, dry and in loads of pain like I had burnt it. Some days were worse then others. The pain became even worse when I was washing it with cool water from my face. I had to run cold water across it to relive the intense burning. I could not leave it on for more then a few seconds. It burnt my active breakouts especially bad, but my whole face and neck was in some serious agony. I should have stopped using the soap as soon as the burning came along, but I was thinking that maybe my skin was just getting used to it because no other product had made my face burn like this one. Finally, I gave up and stopped using it. It took my about a week of noxzema to recover from the damage. I'm not allergic to anything, and I wouldn't say that I have necessarily sensitive skin so I have little clue as to what cause the pain. Either way, I know for sure that I will never touch this stuff again! Haha. I decided to give it *** because it did reduce my pore size, but those results quickly vanished once I stopped using it. Ouch!

Save 6% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment