J.R. Liggett's Jojoba & Peppermint Bar Shampoo

Jojoba and Peppermint Shampoo Bar 3.50 OuncesI'm African american and I've just transitioned from relaxed to natural hair. I have a 4a/4b texture. This shampoo bar leaves my hair very soft, but it feels clean. I was skeptical, because a lot of products tend to not work on my hair.I have a sensitive scalp and a lot of products leave me with an itchy scalp. It's true you don't need to use a conditioner afterwards, but I use one anyway, because my hair is very thick. I hope this review helps others.

Ordered this product on a whim. I have been looking for a shampoo that I like that doesn't have sodium laureth sulfate, which is really harsh on your hair. This shampoo fits that billwith ingredients that you have actually heard of. On top of that, this bar has the smell of peppermint (which I will admit, is a bit odd for hair fragrance, but not necessarily bad). I have been using this shampoo for a week nowI have noticed that the dryness of my scalp is significantly reduced (this has been an on going problem for me, so it is nice to finally find something that is actually helping).

I thought that the use of this shampoo bar would be a little bit odd, but it is actually very easy. It goes on easily just running the bar over your head and works into a decent lather (not as much as you would get with a traditional shampoo though). It gets through the hair easily and when you rinse it out, you will really notice how slick and clean your hair is.

Love this shampoo!

Buy J.R. Liggett's Jojoba & Peppermint Bar Shampoo Now

I tried "no poo" for almost a year... yes, that's right, a whole year. No one can tell me I didn't stick it out long enough! I wanted to rave about it. For those individuals where the no poo method works they gush about how wonderful their hair looks and feels. Soft, shiny, no fly aways... just magnificent lovely hair. And to top it off: no weird or potentially toxic chemicals and *almost* as cheap as just plain water.

What's not to love?

Answer: Dandruff. Blasted dandruff. I tried every different ratio of baking soda to water. And for an after rinse, tried multiple ratios of apple cider vinegar to water. But nothing worked. I got dandruff galore (never had dandruff before), my roots were really waxy feeling (waxy, not oily), and my ends were dry. It was an epic fail. I couldn't take the dandruff anymore, so I gave up and was back to my regular shampoo/conditioner again... but I was still having dandruff issues. EGADS! I started to think my no poo experiment gave me a permanent dandruff problem. Not good.

Then I stumbled upon JR Liggett's shampoo bar. I was intrigued and hopeful. Very simple ingredients, nothing weird or potentially toxic. It doesn't strip hair of its natural oils (which is also the main reason most people do "no poo"). I decided to try it.

Let's just say: AMAZEBALLS. It got rid of my dandruff completely, my hair is soft, shiny and clean. I can easily go 2 days between washing. What a HUGE timesaver to only have to wash/dry my hair 50% as often. With regular shampoo, washing daily was a must, or my scalp started to itch and get super oily. I've been using JR Liggett's for about a month and soon will see if I can extend to 3 days between washing as my scalp adjusts and normalizes its oil production.

You need a couple washings to get the hang of it. Part your hair and run in along your scalp in a downwards direction like a brush. Just a few strokes then massage with your fingertips and it will produce a suprising amount of lather (unlike BS no poo, which has no lather). Don't rub the bar back and forth or it will leave you tangle-y. Concentrate on your scalp area you don't really need to worry about your ends.

Your hair will feel SQUEAKY clean. It will not feel slick. That's a good thing, in my opinion. Commercial products often include ingredients to coat your hair and give you a slick feeling. That leads to build up after time.

The company says that many people do not need conditioner when this bar shampoo. But my water is moderately hard, so I need something after washing. Instead of commercial conditioner I use 3:1 ratio of water:apple cider vinegar and it's perfect. My hair is not tangled and I can brush it really easily. My hair also dries really quickly. Another signal to me that my hair is healthy and the cuticles are closed.

Highly recommend this product. Here's what the JR website claims, and I have to say that it's all true in my experience (except I don't have permed or colored hair, so I don't know about that claim)

It's made entirely from pure 100% natural oils.

It contains NO animal products, or preservatives.

It doesn't strip hair of its natural oils.

It makes a luxuriously thick lather.

It rinses out clean and easily.

It's especially good for permed or colored hair.

It gives your hair body, and manageability.

It leaves your hair soft, healthy and smelling clean.

It's great for TRAVELING, OR BACKPACKING.

100% Biodegradable with minimal packaging.

No Petroleum Based Detergents.

No Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or DEA.

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Read Best Reviews of J.R. Liggett's Jojoba & Peppermint Bar Shampoo Here

I've tried SLS-free shampoos from Burt's Bees, L'Oreal, Oscar Blandi, and the super-pricey Number 4. None of them clarify and volumize my baby-fine, easily broken hair like Ligget's--and it's less expensive than them all! About to buy my third bar. Be sure not to leave this in water/in the shower, as it'll melt!

Want J.R. Liggett's Jojoba & Peppermint Bar Shampoo Discount?

I can't say enough good things about this shampoo bar. I recently tried the no shampoo movement (washing hair with baking soda/water and conditioning with apple cider vinegar/water). I was a month in and my hair was getting unbearably greasy, so I tried this shampoo bar because it claimed that it did not strip the natural oils from your hair. I have been using this bar and then still conditioning with the vinegar/water. I love it and it is good for my hair too! No more grease, my hair is soft, and the smell is wonderful! It is also very convenient to travel with. No downsides in my book!

0 comments:

Post a Comment