Carter and Bond Shaving Scuttle with Soap

Carter and Bond Shaving Scuttle with SoapI shave with a straight razor. Its old fashioned, but its pretty awesome. Instead of buying new blades every month, I only have to resharpen my razor. Soap is cheap too.

I decided to replace my old chipped mug that I would mix my lather up in and found this awesome looking scuttle. I'll admit I as much bought it for the name on in as for how it worked... This scuttle maintains heat very well, so your hot water stays hot throughout your shave, and the shape of the bowl allows the hot steam to help soften the soap.

This scuttle ALSO came with a very nice bar of shaving soap to go in the top. The soap is very nice and is a delightful change from my normal "William's Mug" soap. I really like this stuff much better!

My ONLY beef with this scuttle is that the opening into the water area is too small for my regular sized badger bristle brush to really get in there and get soaked. If the mouth was just a tad wider I would have given this a 5/5 rating. As it is, 4/5 for aesthetics, value, and usefulness.

I thought this was way bigger based on the picture. Bowl will not hold a small soap and you can forget about making any lather. If you want a scuttle get one of these.

Buy Carter and Bond Shaving Scuttle with Soap Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment