Grandpa's Brands Company Oatmeal Soap

Grandpa's Old Fashioned Oatmeal Bar Soap for Face and Bath, 3.25 OunceThis is a gentle, mild-smelling soap. Good for face and body. It was recommended on this website that rates the toxicity of beauty products:

It works well on dry skin and itchy skin its very soothing and you will see old skin go right down the drain.

Buy Grandpa's Brands Company Oatmeal Soap Now

I love this product. It is my go to soap. It is more expensive than buying "regular" soap at the grocery store but you really get what you pay for. I can't use moisturizing soap it breaks my skin out and I feel like I have a film of gunk on it. I have oily and sensitive skin and this soap has helped my skin very much. If you do not have oily skin it might be a bit drying. Reading another review for this product just makes me think how very interesting and unique our bodies are and how cool it is when you can actually find something that works great for you.

Read Best Reviews of Grandpa's Brands Company Oatmeal Soap Here

I use this soap on my toddler and it's great. He had eczema in some spots on his skin and this soap has

help to vanish all traces of it. The smell is so fresh and wonderful, I love it for my son. As for me I find it too dry

on my skin however, it is nice as a facial soap.

Want Grandpa's Brands Company Oatmeal Soap Discount?

I've used Grandpa's Soap in the past-pine tar, thylox, and witch hazel-and had NO problems. After recently learning that my old stand-by, Pears Soap, had changed their ingredients (unbeknownst to me at the time) and after recently developing eczema AFTER using the altered Pears Soap-I needed to find a new soap. Since my husband & I use the Pine Tar regularly, I went looking for alternatives from Grandpa's. The Pine Tar soap hasn't done much to improve the eczema, but it doesn't make it worse. Sometimes I just don't care for the scent, so it's not my standard, everyday soap. I hit upon Grandpa's supposedly "Calming Chamomile Soap" and Grandpa's "Oatmeal Soap."

I've used oatmeal soaps in the past and made oatmeal based skin cleansers at home. I know Oatmeal is a remedy for itchy skin, for eczema, and it's a great exfoliant.

NOT SO WITH GRANDPA's!!

Neither soap was really gentle. Both had a bit of a caustic scent-even more so than the Pine Tar (which I never use on my face).

The Chamomile soap was ANYTHING BUT CALMING. After not having a full-blown eczema flare up in more than a month, and after my husband's skin issues hadn't flared up in YEARS, we're both walking around with horrific, itchy, flaky skin-and in areas that we've never had flare ups before. Not only that, it made our skin dry and tight. And, ontop of all that the soap lasted less than 2 weeks for a single bar-and we didn't keep it wet either.

As for the Oatmeal soap, it started to disintegrate almost immediately. I think one bar was completely gone in a week and a half. As for my skin reactions, it was a bit worse than the chamomile. While the chamomile caused the eczema to flare, the Oatmeal soap-used before the chamomile (a few weeks before)-didn't cause a flare-up, but it made my skin red, itchy, and dry. My face even seemed swollen after just 3 days of use. My husband had the same reaction, so I think an allergic reaction could be ruled out, unless we both had it. My skin--and my husband's-was so dry, it started to peel. It looked like after a bad sunburn when your skin peels-but on my hands, feet, face, and areas that couldn't have been exposed to the sun in case it was a sun or windburn (which it wasn't).

I haven't had any problems with the thylox or the pine tar, but with so many companies changing their ingredients and not telling consumers, I have to wonder if Grandpa's did the same....the experience prompted me to get my own soapmaking supplies and I'll start experimenting. Then, if I have a problem, I have no one to blame but myself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment