J.R. Liggett - Bar Shampoo, 3.5 Oz

J R Liggett Old-Fashioned Shampoo Original Formula 3.50 ozThis is a great shampoo and really fun to use. It has a light fluffy lather and smells wonderful. However, before purchasing you should know that if you have super hard water, it may be hard for you to use this soap. In addition, it may take a while for your hair to get used to something that doesn't have sodium laureth/lauryl sulfate--the detergent (yes, detergent) that is in most conventional shampoos, which are incidentally really bad for your hair. If you're having trouble getting out the excess shampoo, you can use an apple cider vinegar/water mix. If this sounds too high maintenance, keep in mind that it should only take a week to get used to the soap, and after that you can ditch the vinegar or only use it occasionally. After the adjustment period, it will keep your hair MUCH cleaner. I have semi long thick hair and with most shampoos I had to wash every day or my hair would be a big grease ball, not so with this. I wash twice a week, and in between time my hair stays soft and pretty, and I don't need to condition.

I've been using this product for about 8 years and no longer would do without it unless required to by law and even then I might attempt to cicumvent the law. I shampoo with it daily in the shower and still have a full head of hair despite being 83. And it's still reddish (where it once was red), but, hey, even that's pretty good, isn't it?

Buy J.R. Liggett - Bar Shampoo, 3.5 Oz Now

This is a great natural shampoo. Leaves my hair soft, full of body, and smooth instead of frizzy after blow drying. Much better than conventional shampoo and conditioner!

Read Best Reviews of J.R. Liggett - Bar Shampoo, 3.5 Oz Here

JR Liggett's bar shampoo is probably one of the best things that ever happened to my hair. For starters, it does not contain the harsh detergent Sodium Laurel Sulfate, which most conventional shampoos have. SLS strips the oils from your hair, leaving your hair damaged, and with an overproduction of oil to compensate. This overproduction makes you need to wash your hair constantly to keep the oil at a reasonable level. This shampoo does not have SLS in it, and I can go quite a while without washing it usually my skin feels yucky long before my hair starts to feel gross in any way.

Of course, my hair took about a week to get used to the sudden lack of SLS in my shampoo which caused it to be very, very greasy for a few days to a week. I recommend that if you switch to JR Liggett's, you do it at a time that you will not have to go out very much (I did it during summer vacation from school). Do NOT let this adjustment period discourage you from using this fantastic product, though! It's SO worth it because it makes my hair really, really soft and thick, and my curls look nicer than when I used SLS based shampoos!

Besides the SLS factor, JR liggett's is more environmentally friendly. It comes wrapped only in a small piece of paper, rather than a large plastic bottle. Also, you don't need conditioner because the oils in the shampoo bar do the job of conditioner (so, one less plastic bottle). It saves me a lot of money even if $6 seems a bit much for a 3.5 ounce bar, you must take in to consideration the fact that you don't need to buy conditioner and that the bar lasts to between 6 months and a year! The scent it exudes is a mild herbal scent and in a pinch it can be used as a body soap as well. When I go on my church's mission trip each year, I use it as shampoo, and body soap, and shaving soap and it works just fine.

I recommend that when you use it, you put it in your hair right when you get it wet, and leave it in until the very end of your shower (after you've soaped your body, shaved your legs, etc) to get the softest hair possible.

To sum it up, JR Liggett's is a fantastic, environmentally responsible product with all-natural and safe ingredients, and I highly recommend it.

Want J.R. Liggett - Bar Shampoo, 3.5 Oz Discount?

My wife and I were backpacking in Southeast Asia this summer and wanted to avoid carrying liquids as much as possible. A travel book recommended bringing a bar of shampoo. After checking out a local store that sold solid shampoos and being scared off by the price, I came on Amazon and found this product. 3.5 oz turned out to be a smaller bar than I expected but it lasts quite a while. After three weeks of travel, we still had a lot of shampoo left over.

Highly recommended for travel (particularly backpacking). Will gladly continue using and purchase this brand again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment