Cuticura Medicated Anti-Bacterial Bar Soap, Original Formula 5.25 oz

Cuticura Medicated Anti-Bacterial Bar Soap, Original Formula 5.25 ozI've had acne for most of my life it started when I was 10. I'm almost 28 now (also I'm a female). I have mild to moderate acne on my face, chest, shoulders, back and sometimes my neck. To sum it up, I'm sick of it.

I've tried a ton of products out there over the past 18 years proactiv, acne-free, clinda gel, African black soap, tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar capsules, Alba Botanica natural acnedote, etc. I drink a lot of water, eat right, exercise, and I've stopped wearing face make up except for a finishing powder.

So every once & a while I scour the internets for something that has worked for someone else and I came across this soap. I've used it for about a month and I can tell a very noticeable difference in the acne on my chest, back and shoulders. My face is clearing up slowly too.

Pros:

Seems to do the trick. My skin isn't completely clear, but at least I can wear a bathing suit without feeling disgusted by the way my skin looks.

The scent is nice, I think.

Cons:

Does tend to dry out my skin (and my skin is pretty oily), but I suspect that it's only noticeable to me, and it's not enough to bother me. It was also dryer when the weather was dryer, so I think by summertime I won't have this problem anymore.

Wears down quickly I use this soap in the morning on my body, and in the evening on my face (and in the shower after I run, which is about 2-3 times a week). It seems like I'll have to replace this soap every month.

Why 4 Stars:

I rated this 4 stars because I had decided to cut out dairy from my diet at the same time I started using this soap. I've read some arguments that diary could cause acne in some, and since I've stopped eating dairy and started using this soap, my skin has gotten a lot better.

So I'm not sure if it's the soap, or the diary, but I'm going to stick to my current regimen to see if my skin gets even clearer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment