Farmers Carbolic Soap - Good Old Fashioned Cleanser For Farmers & Vets

Farmers Carbolic Soap - Good Old Fashioned Cleanser For Farmers & VetsI believe calling it carbolic soap is a deception. The disinfectant in it, and what it smells like, is Lysol. Which, to the best of my knowledge, can be obtained anywhere. I purchased this soap under the impression that it was made from a carbolic acid or phenol base.

I was very disappointed with this product. It smells very strongly of Lysol, and I suspect I could make a comparable product with a soap base, black walnut hull, food coloring, and lysol. I do not believe this soap has either carbolic acid or phenol in it, because there was no indication of such a thing on the ingredients list. The smell of the soap is so strong that it has to be locked away in a freezer bag after each use.

They should have called it Lysol soap, that would have been a more appropriate name for it. To the best of my knowledge, there's nothing like carbolic soap available in the contiguous United States. However, if you like the fresh smell of lysol and are unable to find a pumice stone, scrunchie sponge, or scrub brush, this soap is for you. The ground walnut shell would apear to be the major selling feature of this product which gives the soap the consistency of sand paper.

Were I to recommend a bar of soap that made me feel cleaner, I would choose, Zest, Zote, Old Spice, Irish Spring, or something from the Venezia Soap works line. As a man, I like to get messy. And, when I wash I use: three bars of soap, three bottles of shampoo, I shave with scissors, not to mention I have a separate trimmer for my beard and cranium protector. This product seemed ideal, unfortunately it didn't meet my expectations.

0 comments:

Post a Comment