Seasons Dulhan Henna Powder

Seasons Dulhan Henna PowderI buy this for $1.99 at Indian grocery. This henna was within date, but approaching the expiration. The addition of alma in this henna mix means that this darkens as well as dyes your hair red. This is nice because lighter brown hair turns more mahogany or copper than orange.

I use this henna to make a strong gloss. I add a tablespoon of lemon to several tablespoons of powder and add conditioner until it becomes a thick yogurt-like consistency. I have tried using this powder without and acid twice, but the color change was too subtle. Now I add lemon and leave the paste in for an hour to add a red tint to my light-medium brown hair. I don't really like the smell of this paste, so adding an essential oil to the mix might be a nice touch. I plan to use lavender oil in the future.

**Remember to always to a test strand before using a new package of henna or using a different vinegar source.

0 comments:

Post a Comment