NaturOli Soap Nuts / Soap Berries PIECES - TEN POUNDS! (2000+ Loads) - Seedless "USDA" Organic! - 1

NaturOli Soap Nuts / Soap Berries PIECES - TEN POUNDS! - Seedless 'USDA' Organic! - 100% Wild-crafted! - Rated 'best' eco-friendly, natural detergent. - Award winning! - Hypoallergenic & fragrance-free. - Limited quantities.I purchased this directly from Naturoli several months ago but I just saw it on Amazon and thought I would write a review to share my experience. To let you know right up front, I do not work for the company and have no relationship with anyone there except as a satisfied customer.

I tried a sample pack and liked the results so decided to buy the soap nuts (berries actually) in bulk to save some money. I started off by tossing the sample bag of nuts in with my wash and had good results, but think I get better results if I simmer the nuts in water on the stove and make a "tea" with them. I think it gets more of the good stuff (saponin) out of the berries. I found NaturOli on facebook and got some great advice there on how to make the tea.

My tea recipe: I take about 3/4 cup dried soap nuts and put them in a large pot with 2-3 quarts filtered water. I heat almost to a boil then turn down and simmer uncovered for about 2 hours. I smush them down a few times while cooking to extract the good stuff. I let the liquid cool then strain it through an old piece of fabric so I can squeeze all the liquid out of the soggy berries. Store it in the fridge so it doesn't spoil and use about 3/4 C for a wash load. I think it works equally well in hot or cold water. Sometimes I make a double batch and store half in the freezer until I need it.

If you use the nut pieces in the bag, you should let them soak in hot water for a few minutes before throwing the bag into a cold wash.

It is very little work to actually make the tea and I think it cleans much better than just putting the nuts in a bag and throwing it in the machine with clothes. I use it on both hot and cold washes and am thrilled with the results. My colored clothes do not fade and my towels are incredibly fluffy and absorbent! It does not remove stains so I use stain remover for that. It works better in soft water than hard water. We have a water softener, so hard water is not an issue for me. With soap nuts there will be very little suds in the washing machine, but it does get the clothes clean. I have not needed to use fabric softener sheets when washing with soap nuts. The fragrance in detergents and fabric softeners made my skin itch and it is a relief not to deal with that any more.

I have found that the diluted tea works great for washing windows, shining my granite counter tops and appliances, and the tea is great for general light cleaning and car washing. I'm trying to get away from using so many chemicals in our home and feel like this has made a huge difference. If you don't want to go through the bother of making the tea, you can buy a concentrated liquid instead but I actually enjoy making the tea.

People using soap nuts from other sources have reported inconsistent or bad results, so I wouldn't buy from anyone but Naturoli. Their soap nuts are processed in the USA and are of consistently good quality. You can find more information about soap nuts on soapnuts.pro and on the NaturOli facebook page.

Buying laundry detergent from a bottle in the grocery store is easier, but it will never get your towels as soft and fluffy as soap nuts. I love the fact that I am helping the environment by using soap nuts but would not have used them if the results had not been so good. Honestly, it was the incredibly fluffy absorbent towels that really did it for me.

I'd wanted to try organic soap nuts for a long time but wasn't sure where to get good quality soap nuts. When comparison shopping on line I found the NaturOli brand which offered everything I wanted. Large quantity for good value; the soap nuts are already broken open so that I don't have to do it; and most of all, they are organic. The nuts themselves don't grow well in the US, so they are imported, but then they are shipped here and from then on all processing, packaging, and sales are done in the USA, also a plus. But that's just the beginning. I LOVE MY LAUNDRY since I started using these. I add 1/4 c vinegar to the wash and soak the soap berries in their muslin bag (included) in hot water for a minute (suggestions NaturOli made); then I throw in the laundry and the bag of soap nuts and wash as usual. Since I usually only do one load a day, they go into the dryer with the load and dry at the same time. I have almost NO STATIC when I take it all out of the dryer and the bag of berries is dry and ready to go for next time. I don't think I'll every go back to laundry soap again, even the eco friendly kind. Cheaper, easier, no laundry softener or dryer sheets, and I have enough to last a very long time. I'd get a couple of extra muslin bags though, because they might wear out before I run out of soap nuts. Highly recommended. And no, I have no connection with the company.

Buy NaturOli Soap Nuts / Soap Berries PIECES - TEN POUNDS! (2000+ Loads) - Seedless "USDA" Organic! - 1 Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment