Dr. Woods Black Soap

Dr Woods Castile Soap Pure Black 16 ozI wear makeup every day so finding a safe cleanser to get it off with is always what I'm after. Read a lot about the black soap so I decided to give it a try. I read that a lot of people use it for their acne, but I don't have acne or oily skin, it's dry to normal, so I was a little leery about using it. I'm just looking for a really good natural cleanser to remove my makeup effectively. So as far as cleaning my face goes, it effectively removed all my makeup. It also left my face squeaky clean. Never had that happen before. But I question whether that is too drying or not. Well I can't say if that would have totally dried out my face because shortly after washing I put on a thin layer of coconut oil and then my moisturizer. (Night time regime) Now the part I'm having a hard time with is the smell. Oh my, at first it reminded me of a men's cologne and I thought, "well, that's not so horrible" but then it just became sickening to me. The smell does eventually go away. If it weren't for the smell I would have given it five stars because it very effectively cleaned my face.**** Now this is an update to my review. I am still using the black soap cleanser and I don't even notice the smell anymore. I really am liking the black soap cleanser. I'm very happy with it.

This is a thin, watery type of soap with a great smell. I have sensitive skin, so I was reluctant to use this because I have used black soap in the past with no success; however, this soap is very gentle. I was scared it would be like Dr. Bronner's but it is not! The ingredients are mild! It can be used for shampooing hair. IT makes the hair very soft and clean without stripping. My son also loves it. He has been using it and it has taken away all dark marks and scratches that he had.

Buy Dr. Woods Black Soap Now

I have been buying natural castille soap from another site for several years and bought the black soap by accident thinking it was the same product. Boy, am I glad I did. During the winter I am plagued by dermatitis that develops into a rash and itches insanely (so I cannot sleep and scratch to the point of bleeding), especially on my torso. No lotion has ever offered more than temporary relief. The only treatment I've found that worked consistently is short visits to a tanning bed (the dermatitis is a form of eczema which responds to UV rays). This winter (it's already January) it's just the black soap and a bottle of lotion and no harmful UV rays to keep my sanity. In fact, instead of dreading the drying effects of the soap, I've found that my skin responds positively to an extra shower instead. My husband also likes it and we're going to stick with this brand going forward.

Read Best Reviews of Dr. Woods Black Soap Here

I've always used the giant mass of black soap and with me going off to school again, I wanted something a bit more simple without having to break off pieces in order to wash my body and hair. So, I decided to give the liquid soap a try. I was a bit skeptical at first because of all the extra ingredients (nothing harmful but extra) but I gave it a try.

I washed my hair, face and body with it and I got instant results like I did with my regular block of black soap and honestly, I'm hooked already! I used it four times and I'm already addicted, so just a few days after I made my original purchase, I bought two more bottles!

PROS: Excellent exfoliation, mild herbal smell (to preference), helps even skin tone a bit faster (with daily water intake), little is more (it only takes about a cap full to wash your entire body and the same amount to wash a thick head full of natural kinky coils).

CONS: It'll leave your skin ashy (smooth but ashy, I recommend using shea butter as a lotion), if you use too much of it in your hair, it can strip your hair dramatically of much needed moisture but if that happens, you can easily get that moisture back with a mild leave-in conditioner of your choice.

EDIT: I am 100% natural (4a/ Type O hair, thick density, thready texture, thin to thick strands vs LOIS system) and at the moment I have in yarn braids/genie locs (acrylic). And since using the product, I've noticed that my hair has thickened dramatically in the braids to the point of where the rapid growth is attempting to loc in my hair. I've had the braids in for 5 weeks and I'm immediately taking my hair out now.

BE CAREFUL IF YOU HAVE YARN BRAIDS OR ANY OTHER KIND OF EXTENSION!

Want Dr. Woods Black Soap Discount?

I love this stuff. I steam clean my carpet with it, do my dishes with it (the peppermint one), do my laundry, wash my body, Clean the bathroom, tub, etc with it...even wash my dog..he has very sensitive skin and rash on his underbelly all the time and this seems to alleviate the irritation better than dog shampoo. I love the fact that is is harmless to the environment and it takes very little amounts to clean things. It's really emptied the under cabinets in the bathroom and kitchen, as this is the only cleaning agent I own now.

I'm 51 and my skin on my face has never looked more youthful..it's soft and smooth and people always comment on how beautiful my skin looks. I'd give it 10 stars if i could.

0 comments:

Post a Comment